Sunday 20 November 2011

10. another weekend gone




 

Another weekend has disappeared and it's back to Surrey tomorrow. At least I managed to walk my dog on the beach - we still have unbelievably warm weather here, considering it's November !


I just love it when the tides out. I get my wellies on so that I can wade through the shallows and my little dog runs around like a mad thing,  half-heartedly chasing birds and rolling in smelly seaweed ! (he had a bath when we got back).
I usually go to this cafe on the beach to get my shot of proper caffeine for the day. I really miss freshly ground espresso coffee in a large latte since we sold our own coffee shop !



Yesterday we went to a couple of charity shops looking for furniture. Pandy is looking for a chiffonier for her dining room. Although it's pretty full already, she just needs more storage ! (my best mate, sure has alot of stuff !)




She has some amazing antique furniture as well as some reproduction pieces. Her taste is much more classical than mine but I do love the lamp on the sideboard and the amazing candle sconces on the table.




Yes, you are right, they wouldn't exactly fit in my little house any way. But I did find an Edwardian dresser and we bought it for £90, so next week we will try it out and if it doesn't look any good then we will paint it and sell it on !

In the second charity shop we went in we found a great table and THREE chairs. My old geezer had been considering buying a similar one in Ikea but didn't like the price at £180, and that's NOT including the chairs. Anyway, we found this. It's round, but pulls out to an oval with the extra piece being hidden away inside. I have four chairs already that are pretty similar, so I am going to paint them all white and distress them a bit.  AND, it only cost £60 - including the chairs !



We are also changing the laminate floor for a darker one with a more 'woody' effect. You can't tell in this photo but the current floor is really chipped and damaged, and the new one will look great with white painted furniture.


This is the new laminate in the (still unfinished) kitchen. I love that fact that each piece looks like one plank, not divided into strips like the original beech effect - which just has too many joints, fake ones AND real ones. And in the dining room I also want to replace the 'red' ikea shelving units with built in white shelving. You can't see MY bookshelf on the right hand side, but the shelves are all bowed because of the amount of books on them.

So lastly I just thought I would show you the room I sleep in when I stay with Pandy. It's SO different to my bedroom, but extremely pretty and cosy. AND I get an ensuite which is shear luxury for me !







YES - toile de jouy wallpaper, toile de jouy curtains and a toile de jouy blind ! We painted the ceiling pink to create warmth and actually did the wallpapering ourselves with the help of her husband - though none of us had ever done it before ! There is a metal canopy above the bed which is going to have a voile with bobble fringe and there is still a small curtain to be put up in the ensuite !

As there is a built in wardrobe on one side of the room the bed cannot sit in the centre of the wall, but I love the way it is offset with a very large chest of drawers and a gorgeous little bedside table with marble top.

2 comments:

It's always a pleasure to receive your comments. I really enjoy reading them, and a huge thank you if you are following as well !