Tuesday 21 February 2012

tv cabinet

I've been busy in my new work space/ studio. I am on my third bit of furniture and I'm still working on things for my gallery wall.
The first piece, a tv cabinet has been sitting in our living-room since before Christmas !


I actually missed the one I really wanted, which was pine, chunkier, lower, and had the back corners chopped off, so it would fit into the corner of my room better.
Anyway, this is still a nice shape, and I love the castors and the handles.


Very old fashioned ring-pulls, but I really love them. So I decided to paint it grey and cream, which would tone with my room.




 
I haven't put it in the right place because the dear old geezer wasn't home when I took the photos. And I can't actually lift our big old beast of a TV. Nor do I have any clue about unplugging all the gadgets etc. so I'll leave all that up to him. For the moment I have just put a computer screen on the top and added the baskets, one of which I will probably keep in there, to hold the remotes.




I think the colour really goes well in here. In fact the little beach junk piece I did a while ago has become the colour inspiration for this room. The warm golds are the colours of my stencilling, and now I'm adding more shades of grey - found in the fabric and the shells.


One last look -


The tv cabinet cost me £30.00 and I had the paint and wax already. I have a 5ltr tin of cream, and I made the grey mixing a charcoal matchpot with the same cream. I love the colour, so I'll be using it some more - it's in a jam jar so that it doesn't dry out !

Linking up with -
Cowgirl Up @ The Farmhouse Porch
Transformation Thursdays @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Inspiration Friday @ At the Picket Fence
Fridays Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense
Pot Pourri Friday @ 2805
Spotlight Saturday @ Classy Clutter
Sunday's Best @ My 1929 Charmer
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays @ Coastal Charm
Show me what ya got @ Not Just a Housewife

12 comments:

  1. Looks good. Do you ever come out of your new office? I wondered where you've been!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cute fiona! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love the color combination and those pulls are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors, it looks so fresh and clean!
    Thanks for visiting,

    Diddie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! But adoring your transformation it is truly beautiful. Great Job! Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks gorgeous, the colours go perfectly together!

    GG

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out beautifully! Love the color combination. And I'm quite impressed with your lean to in your previous post! What a great work space. And so much light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Fiona - this is amazing! I love it ! xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona I'm wondering... where do you find the time to do all these crafts and DIYs? Are you a super woman? LOL! I want to do so many things myself but I'm waiting for the weather to be hotter, so I can go out and do some stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiona!! Great job!! I love the colors you are choosing for your studio. I also love how you painted the ring pulls!! You are really gifted, and I don´t know where you find the time to do everything! I haven´t even been able to clean my lamp yet!

    www.tatianadoria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the grey and white so much! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your site, great inspiration! I'm adding it to my craft links page.
    www.craftingrebellion.com

    ReplyDelete

It's always a pleasure to receive your comments. I really enjoy reading them, and a huge thank you if you are following as well !